Business Building Day by Day
 

Monday, January 21, 2008

Power & Freedom

Much debate has happened as of late. And I thought it prudent on this day of reflection to refocus on the topic of freedom, the reason I am forging my own path in this world and not committing myself to working for someone else for 40 years.

Freedom means choices. We are so lucky to be in the United States of America, a country based on freedom of choice. I spoke to a man the other day that went to school overseas in Great Britain. He was complaining about how Americans cannot just go overseas and work within the British Commonwealth because we gained our independence from GB. Canadians can apply for a transfer easily, but we cannot. He said this in such a way to show that he was almost ashamed that the US would do such a thing as break from GB.

Can you imagine what the world would be like if we had not? Do you realize the things the United States set in motion on a global scale when they gained their independence? Constitutions around the world were written and rewritten to embrace the idea and freedoms of Democracy.

I am proud to be an American. I have the choice every day to be a winner or a loser. Is today your No Whining Day? Do you realize that whatever you do today is entirely your own fault?

I encourage you to choose to make a difference, to get out there and make yourself heard. Be proud of what you have, your talents, your life, and your country.

No comments: